Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2016
New Smartphones Expected at MWC in Barcelona
This year the mobile smartphone industry is expected to unveil new smartphones at the Barcelona MWC. The expectations are high as Sumsung, LG, Sony, Huawei, and HTC are supposed to unveil new smartphones which are packed with upgrades and which will definitely impact the way people use Android applications.
The improvements made by the above telecommunication services companies are rumored to unleash better mobile phones which will take a stronghold in today’s cellular phone market.
Here’s what is expected to be unveiled at the 2016 MWC in Barcelona:
This year Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy S7. A recently released spoiler video of the new Galaxy S7 showed that the phone will be equipped with wireless charging, and a better water resistant shell (which will make it operational in the rain). When it comes to design, no big changes could be seen and the new Galaxy S7 will resemble the old S6 and S6 Edge. Additionally the phone’s camera would be upgraded.
Leaked specs for the Galaxy S7:
- Screen size – 5.1 Inches.
- 4GB RAM.
- Processor – Snapdragon 820 (in conjunction with Exynos 8890, or M1).
- Equipped with a fingerprint scanner.
In addition, the S7’s rear camera would have a 12-16 Mega Pixel BRITECELL censor. The front camera would have an 8 Mega Pixel censor. Operating system would be Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This year, reports say that the Samsung Edge would be improved by a 5.7 Inch Screen with a tap strength system attached. Another upgrade would be a longer lasting 3,500 MA per hour battery.
Rumors indicate that Samsung might unveil a new 360 degrees camera during the event (for virtual reality appliances).
Previous indications stated that the new LG G5 would get a completely refurbished design. This design would have a metal look to it and volume controls at the side of the phone instead of the back (as on older models). Also, a rear power button would be added, equipped with fingerprint detection and a single speaker at the bottom of the device.
You can expect:
- a longer and slimmer phone.
- A slide in battery.
- Double cameras.
- built in laser guided camera focus.
Rumored to also include:
- Eye print detection.
- 20 or 21 Mega Pixel camera with 4K resolution.
- An additional display screen (much like on the LG V10).
- Snapdragon 820 processor.
- 4-5 Giga RAM.
Additional LG Devices
LG is rumored to also unveil in the Barcelona Mobile World Congress new LG X phones which each have a unique pitcher such as the VR 360 camera. The LG Stylus 2 is also expected with a slimmer 5.7 inch screen and a new 3,000 MA/hour battery.
The Stylus 2 will be equipped with the following:
- Stylus nano pen.
- Pen loss prevention alarm.
- 1.2GHz processor.
- 1.5 Giga memory.
- 16 Giga RAM.
- Optional RAM upgrade with SD card.
- 13 Mega pixel rear camera.
- Available in White, Brown and Titan (metal shade).
Sony on the other hand isn’t expected to unveil the much anticipated Xperia Z6. Instead, Sony will probably show us new advancements in the Sony Smartwatch and various tablet devices.
If the Xperia Z6 is unveiled then the following specs are expected:
- 25 or 27 Mega Pixel camera.
- Snapdragon 820 processor.
- 4 to 5 Gigabytes RAM.
- 5 inch screen with 4K resolution.
- Fingerprint validation.
- C class USB.
- Water resistant, Dust resistant, and shock resistant.
- Quick charging technology.
The Chinese Huawei is rumored to unveil a new smartphone, a new smartwatch, and a new hybrid computer. The new P9 will come with a host of upgrades which include:
- Metallic design (with a brushed steel back).
- Double rear camera with laser focus.
- Available in: White, Gold-Pink, and Black-Gray.
- Fingerprint scanner.
- Double flash.
- Physical Home button.
- 5.2 inch screen.
- 2 rear 12 mega pixel cameras.
- 8 mega pixel front camera.
- Kirin 955 processor or 6 gigabytes RAM.
- 2,900 or 3,000 MA/hour battery.
HTC will most likely not unveil the new M10 in Barcelona, but we can expect to see the HTV Vive (virtual reality eyeglasses). If the M10 is unveiled it is expected to have the following improvements:
- 5 Gigabytes RAM.
- 27 mega pixel rear camera.
- 10 mega pixel front camera.
- 5 inch screen or a surprising 5.7 inch screen.
- Storage of either 64 gigabytes or 120 gigabytes.
- 3,400-3,500 MA/hour battery.
- Latest Android operating system with HTC Sense 8.0
- Snapdragon 820 processor for American and European Market.
- Additional MediaTek chip for Asian Market.
All these new mobile phones, watches and tablets are sure to upgrade the way people use their dating apps. With bigger screens, improved cameras, and faster processors chatting, and uploading profile images will become easier and quicker regardless of your internet connection.
It’s kind of a shame that most mobile providers we mentioned rely solely on Android, which make them relevant only to Android dating apps. However, if you are a mobile tech and gadget freak like us, we thought you’d be happy to know which new smartphones are coming out this year.