Spark Network’s Christian Dating market Share up in 2016
Spark Networks Inc. has published its first quarter subscriber metrics for 2016. From a first look it seems that the company is getting stronger market share in its Christian dating brands and its mobile market share.
Michael Egan, the CEO of Spark Networks said that: “…our average Christian Network subscribers up 0.2%. Our quarterly average MAUs on mobile applications reached 337,952, growing 6.2% relative to Q4, with our strongest performance coming from our Christian brands,”
The company has experienced a relative drop in market share when it comes to its other branded dating application, but is currently investing in aiding these brands achieve higher performance by doing the following:
- Adding the Super Swipe feature to JSwipe (for the Jewish dating app and market). This feature added an initial 600 subscribers in one month alone.
- Embarking on a national roll out of the CrossPaths mobile application (this app is targeting the millennial Christian community).
- Consolidating the CrossPaths App with the JSwipe platform. This move will enable CrossPaths to enjoy all the premium features of JSwipe and accelerate the launch of its Android app.
- Adding a third Church with about 15,000 singles to the ChristianMingle Church program. This addition doubles the Church audience on ChristianMingle and will be live early in Q2.
- Spark’s Board has also increased its repurchase plan availability to $5.0 million from $2.6 million.
These changes alone show that Spark Networks is making necessary changes and is working hard to revive stagnant products and capitalize on strong markets with its Christian dating applications and sites.
We at Top 100 Dating Apps believe that these are blessed investments by Spark Networks. They will help, in our view, to make all their products even better.